Saturday 16 February 2013

Product Shots

Fiona and I decided to try out a little bit of product photography in the studio. Not having anything really to hand, we went with my watch. Using the portable lights and the media studio we set up our lights, used a Nikon D800 with 105mm macro lens. The macro enabled us to get really close to the subject. We set the camera to f22 for maximum sharpness and metered the lights. Using two lights with shoot through brollies we also surrounded the watch with white reflective boards. 
I opened the image in Photoshop and started a few little changes. Firstly I adjusted the levels on the whole image and then selected just the face and did the same. I also did not like the angle of image so I then rotated it and used the distort tool to give a better over all image.




As the watch was not new and was a little grimmy (as watches get), I did a black and white conversion and slightly adjusted the brightness slider. Over all I am quite pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment