Saturday 16 February 2013

Shooting Colour Film

Shooting for the first time on colour film I was using Agfa Vista 200. First of all I shot a few sky scenes for later use when we are going to be learning how to insert a sky into a different image. I then wanted to do some light trails. I have never shot light trails before, not even on digital so I decided to bracket a few images to see how they turned out. The metering was coming out at around 15 secs so I shot at 15. 20, 30 and 10 secs. looking at the contact sheet below, there was not a huge difference at those exposure times anyway. 
The next thing I wanted to do was try my hand at product photography. I took a wine bottle and a glass into the studio and had a go.


 Above is the contact sheet that I produced from the reel.


I decided to print out the light trails first. This was the first one and was exposed for three seconds. It came out rather bright and flat. The image below was exposed for eight seconds and I feel is too dark so I then did another for six seconds. Once again I think it is too dark so probably five seconds would be better.



The product shots were another story all together. I wanted to emulate the shot on the right. A good example of rim lighting, which I came across while researching studio techniques. I set the camera up at f8 and 1/125. Using three lights I set the one to the left metered at f8, the one to the right and front at f5.6. From the result though I can see I made the fatal flaw of not ensuring all the lights fired. 



No comments:

Post a Comment