Monday 22 April 2013

Old image

I was going through my back catalogue looking for an image when I came across another that I had taken nearly three years ago, long before I even considered doing an HND. Now bearing in mind that we have to do product photography, I thought I would cheat and throw it into the mix too. As far as I can remember, I initially wanted to try and get reflections on a picture, but do it in camera. I had seen a few images on line of models shot in a studio with a reflection done in Photoshop but always preferring to do it as much in camera as possible I thought I would look in to how it might be possible.
The vast majority of the images I had seen where low light using black backgrounds. I decided to stick with this, the main reason being that to achieve a reflection I had to essentially make a mirror. I set up the black background and on a table placed a black A2 piece of card. On top of the card I placed a sheet of glass from a picture frame and placed the bottle etc on that. The lighting was from one of my own flash heads. To get the best reflection, I knew I had to place the light above the subject and at a roughly 45 degree angle to the front.
At the time I was not planning on doing an HND so did not save any editing details. But, if memory serves there was not much other than a crop and levels and adding the writing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment