Sunday 9 December 2012

Final Decision Made on Beauty & The Beast

I was just finishing of my journal for the Beauty & The Beast project and suddenly decided I no longer liked the version of the image. When I was in the studio doing the shoot I did two versions. Mainly because I was not happy with the first. The predominant part of the image, I felt, had to be the beauty side. However, once I had done the editing, I always felt there was just something not quite right. Today I came to the realisation that it was the eyes. Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder but in this case it was also in the eyes of the subject. If you view my first full edit versions on earlier posts you will see that one of the eyes is extremely dark and this, for me, was making the image unbalanced. I went back to the original raw files and edited the first shot to the same specs and finally I am happy with the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment