Monday 31 December 2012

Sony Brief

When we were first given the briefs for Sony and Beauty and The Beast, I thought I would struggle with Beauty and The Beast. I seemed to fly through the planning, test shoots and ideas for Sony but could not, for the life of me, get an idea for Beauty and The Beast. Now with only days to go before the deadline for submission to Sony it all seems to have turn upside down.

Beauty and The Beast is all finished, way ahead of schedule. Final image shot and edited, presentation completed and journal all boxed off. Only thing that remains is to print out my submission. Sony on the other hand has been beset by problem after problem. 

My initial idea and concept of people, movement and our insular lives still holds true but each time I have planned a shoot, it has not come off for one reason or another. It has now had at least three re-thinks on how and what to shoot. I have one image in the bag but not at all happy with it. The concept is there but the execution is poor. 

I came across Christopher selling the Big Issue by Central Station. For a small consideration, he agreed to pose for me at Liverpool One. The only problem was he was from Sri Lanka and his understanding of English was limited. He could not get the idea of staying perfectly still for three seconds. The only usable shot I got with him perfectly still needed quite a severe crop and hence the quality is not great. Hopefully I might get a chance to shoot again before the 4th Jan. If not, then this is my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment