Sunday 9 December 2012


Southport Comedy Festival

My first live brief from college. Southport Comedy Festival runs for about two weeks and has at least on show per night atdifferent locations though out the town.Our brief was to photograph and document at least one of the shows. Not a hard task you might think but you'd be surprised. The lighting in these venues is challenging to say the least. Doesn't help either that my vamera is not the best at controlling noise at higher ISO's. Not that my camera goes that high either with a max of 1600. I decided to take just my 50mm 1.4 prime lens to help as much as possible. Didn't bother with any others as their max aperture is 3.5 at their widest.
Anyway, off I went, camera in hand and results can be seen below. Not overly pleased with them. Noise, as suspected was a major problem.Another was the white balance. Constantly changing lighting conditions and types played havoc with metering. Seeing as I had only taken my 50mm too some of the images need a lot of cropping, which again didn't help with hiding the noise.
If you would like to see the results then posted to my Other Works Gallery. My well at some point start up a new gallery page just for college work.

No comments:

Post a Comment